Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The beginning of my day

Tuesday 2.26.08

I started my day out at about 7 am. Waking up next to Daniel is always the best part of my day. I never thought after several failed relationships and one disastrous one that I could find myself being happy with such a sweet and simple man.

Why I am blogging: I got the idea from a friend of mine that I recently had the pleasure of taking an improv class with. Her name is Tiffany Christensen and she has just published her first book "Sick Girl Speaks". She told me that blogging helped her to stay on top of her writing every day. I hope to follow in her footsteps in that aspect at least.

What this is about: I have been over weight my entire life. Since childhood, really since before I could walk, I was heavy. The purpose of these journals is to show how childhood obesity and obesity in adulthood has affected my life, career, relationships, health, really everything that encompasses who I am and what I am about, it has all been touched and tainted in a way by my outward appearance.

I hope that in a small effort I am able to bring acceptance of self, and of others, to the forefront of relationships. People's first impressions of you always seem to matter, and when you are at an obvious disadvantage from the beginning, it takes twice as long to make a good connection.

This is the beginning: I hope to blog everyday so that I can compose my thoughts into a published work, and bring a little inspiration to someone out there that is just like me... until next time!

No comments: